The Ghana Education Service has released the date for the 2024 BECE. According to the GES, WAEC will give the test to every candidate in the month of July.
These details were part of the just-released 2023–2024 academic calendar for basic and secondary schools.
The Ghana Education Service (GES) has announced the date for the 2024 Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE). The exam will be held in July 2024
We advise candidates, parents, and schools to start preparing for the exam early. Preparation for the 2024 BECE can be made more result-based if schools and parents provide a number of resources to help candidates prepare for the BECE, including past papers, study guides, and online practise tests.
Web portals where the best preparation materials for BECE can be obtained are Ghanaeducation.org, Examhall.org, and Educationblog.org.
Schools and parents can also enrol their students in the BECE Home Mock and BECE School Mocks. Find out more about these mocks here: 2024 BECE Home Mock: Why your ward needs it (Register Now!)
The BECE is a national examination that is taken by all students at the end of their basic education. The exam is used to assess students’ readiness for secondary school. The BECE is also used to place students in secondary schools.
We urge students in JHS3 to stay focused on their studies and to work hard to prepare for the BECE. the newly released 2024 BECE Date should help candidates, teachers, schools and other stake holders to plan their mocks and other revision activities effectively
Here are some tips for candidates preparing for the BECE:
- Start preparing early. The earlier you start preparing, the more time you will have to learn the material and to practice answering exam questions.
- Create a study schedule. This will help you to stay organized and to make sure that you are covering all of the material.
- Find a study partner or group. Studying with others can help you to stay motivated and to learn from each other.
- Take practice tests. This will help you to get a feel for the exam format and to identify areas where you need to improve.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep is essential for learning and for memory consolidation.
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating a healthy diet will give you the energy you need to study and to focus on the exam.
- Stay positive and believe in yourself. A positive attitude will help you to stay motivated and to perform your best on the exam.