The WASSCE Biology NovDec (WASSCE PC) exam is a challenging exam that covers a wide range of topics. However, there are some questions that are more likely to be asked than others.
Here are some likely questions for the 2023 WASSCE Biology NovDec (WASSCE PC) exam:
Solve all the 2023 Biology NovDec Questions below.
a Give a summary of the functions of the different parts of the human digestive system (names of enzymes and end products of digestion not required).
b)What are the main adaptations observed in the alimentary canal of a carnivore and that of a herbivore?
a)i) Explain briefly how temperature affects photosynthesis.
il) State the other factors which affect photosynthesis.
b)Describe a test that can be used to show that photosynthesis has taken place in a leaf.
a)External features of the different members of the termite colony.
b)Mode of the life of termites.
a)Explain the term coordination in mammals.
b) Name the systems that bring about coordination in the mammals.
c)State the two main parts of the nervous system of mammals.
d) With the aid of a diagram, describe the structure of the motor neurone of a mammal.
a) Explain the following terms:
¡)Genotypes; li) Gene; ili) Phenotype; iv) Linkage; V) Test cross.
b) i) What is meant by variation?
li)List six genetic factors that cause variation.
a)i) Name the cellular components of the human blood.
ii) State the site of formation of each cellular component of blood.
ili) Give the functions of each of the cellular components of blood.
b)Explain how the mammalian heart functions.
a)Explain the following terms:
i) Monoecious plant; li) Protandrous flower; ili) Zygomorphic flower.
b)Describe the parts of a complete flower.
c)Compare the features of entomophilous flowers and
Try the following as well
- What is the difference between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells?
- What are the different types of tissues found in animals?
- What are the different types of enzymes and how do they work?
- What is the process of photosynthesis and how is it important for life on Earth?
- What are the different types of respiration and how do they differ?
- What is the process of cell division and how is it important for growth and development?
- What is the process of inheritance and how is it controlled by genes?
- What is the difference between DNA and RNA?
- What is the role of the immune system in defending the body against disease?
- What are the different types of ecosystems and how do they function?
- What are the different types of biodiversity and why is it important?
- What are the different types of human activities that can impact the environment?
Section B: Essay Questions to try as part of the 2023 Biology NovDec (WASSCE PC) Likely Questions For Candidates
- Describe the structure and function of the following organs: heart, lungs, brain, kidneys, and liver.
- Explain the process of digestion in mammals.
- Explain the process of circulation in mammals.
- Explain the process of respiration in mammals.
- Explain the process of excretion in mammals.
- Explain the process of reproduction in mammals.
- Explain the process of photosynthesis in plants.
- Explain the process of cell division in plants and animals.
- Explain the process of inheritance and how it is controlled by genes.
- Explain the role of the immune system in defending the body against disease.
- Explain the impact of human activities on the environment and how to mitigate them.
2023 Biology NovDec (WASSCE PC) Likely Questions For Candidates
In addition to the above questions, candidates should also be prepared to answer questions on specific topics from the WASSCE Biology syllabus. For example, candidates may be asked to explain the following topics:
- The structure and function of the human eye
- The structure and function of the human ear
- The nervous system
- The endocrine system
- The reproductive system
- The immune system
- Environmental biology
By studying the topics listed above and past WASSCE Biology NovDec (WASSCE PC) exam papers, candidates can increase their chances of success on the exam.
We hope these 2023 WASSCE (PC) NOVDEC Biology NovDec Questions help you revise even better.