Management of the University of Ghana Law School have dismissed over 20 students for academic incompetence.
According to report, these students, who have now been dismissed by the university have the option to reapply to the school and go through a new admission process.
Out of the list four (4) were regular Law Students while 19 were Weekend students admitted over the past 2 years to pursue the Postgraduate LLB Degree.
Some of the withdrawn students who are top officials from various professional backgrounds include wards of prominent Politicians who failed to meet the minimum requirements to stay in the school. Names of these students will be made available to the public soon.
About University Of Ghana Law School
The School of Law of the University of Ghana is the premier center for legal education in Ghana and continues to lead the way in preparing students for the legal profession. It was first established as a department of the Faculty of Social Studies in the 1958/59 academic year, becoming a Faculty in 1960/61 then eventually a full-fledged school in the 2014/15 academic year.
Before starting your application, we strongly recommend that you read and review the instructions below, together with all relevant information and guidelines. Please follow carefully all instructions given.
- Bachelors’ Degree Certificate and Transcript (for those applying for Master of Arts Degree programmes)
- Bachelor of Laws Degree Certificate and Transcript (for those applying for Master of Laws Degree programmes)
- Three referees’ reports are required for all applicants (provide the details of the referees online)
- The transcript should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached to the application
- GHS 22,355.00 (Ghanaians)
- USD 9,178.00 (Non-Ghanaians)
- GHS 2,445.00 (Admission Processing Fees)
SCAN AND UPLOAD A GAZETTE WHERE NAME HAS CHANGED OR IS DIFFERENT FROM THAT ON CERTIFICATES/TRANSCRIPTS
NOTE THAT NO APPLICATION WILL BE PROCESSED WITHOUT THE CERTIFICATE/OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT OR GAZETTE WHERE NAME HAS CHANGED. THE ORIGINALS WILL BE REQUIRED DURING INTERVIEWS.
APPLICANTS MUST ENSURE THAT THEIR ON-LINE APPLICATIONS ARE CORRECTLY FILLED AND RECEIPT ACKNOWLEDGED ON SUBMISSION. ENSURE THAT CORRECT ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS ARE PROVIDED.YOU MUST ALSO PRINT AND KEEP A COPY OF THE APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED ONLINE. APPLICANTS WOULD NEED IT DURING REGISTRATION IF ADMITTED